WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is virtually any information about an individual that is recorded in any form. However, information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed;
- Professional and business information contained in directories or business cards available to the public;
- Certain public registries and court records;
- Certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
We will be happy to provide you with information about the Policy, deal with any opt out requests or corrections to your information or deal with any complaints. We can be reached at the following address:
We may gather customer information for the following purposes:
- to send you information about or to promote the products and services we offer, and to monitor and maintain any business relationship you may have with us;
- to respond to your inquiries about any relationship we may have with you;
- to understand your needs and to offer products and services to meet those needs;
- to allow our company affiliates to promote services and products to you;
- to provide you with information about products and/or services from unaffiliated third parties that we feel may be of special interest to you;
- to protect you and us against fraud;
- to enable easier check writing privileges for you;
- to assist with billing and the collection of accounts;
- to provide you with misplaced transaction receipts for manufacturer warranty or repair issues;
- to comply with legal requirements
When customers provide us with personal information it will be utilized for the purposes set out in this Policy and by providing us with such information the customer is consenting to such use.
If you opt not to be on our mailing list, you will no longer receive mailings or e-mails, including exclusive offers or information on optional new benefits for our customers. In addition, withdrawal of consent with respect to the use of your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy will result in the termination of services.
We limit the personal information we collect to that which is necessary to deliver the products and services that we have outlined above.
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
We use your personal information only for the purposes that we have outlined above and we do not sell your information to any third party. In order to provide the services identified above, we, like many organizations, may utilize third party service providers for some routine services such as promotional mailings. In such cases, we provide only the personal information necessary to ensure the service is delivered and requires that the service provider sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement agreeing to keep the customer’s personal information confidential and secure and limiting its use to the purpose for which it was disclosed. After the service provider has completed the service, the service provider must either destroy the information or return it to us.
All personal information is maintained in a secure location. These records are maintained for a period of up to seven (7) years after you cease to be a customer at which point they are purged.
TRANSMISSION OUTSIDE OF CANADA
We ask our customers to ensure that all personal information provided to us is accurate. If you have concerns about the accuracy of our records or any corrections or additional information to provide, please contact us.
All of your personal information is retained in a secure location. Access to these records is provided only to:
- Ion Professional Products, Inc. or their affiliates who require this personal information for the purposes as set out above;
- third party service providers who are acting as our agents in providing certain services, such as promotional mailings. These service providers are subject to the safeguards described including the execution of a Non-Disclosure Agreement and the requirement that any personal information provided to them be destroyed upon completion of the service or returned to us.;
- to third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of personal information to that party; and where required by law.
This policy is available to all our customers. If you have any additional questions with respect to our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information, please contact us.
We will be happy to provide you with copies of all the records we have of your customer relationship with us. If you feel that the information in your files is inaccurate at any time, you should bring it to our attention.